MUSIC SUPPORT COMMITTEE
The MLSHS Music Support Committee is made up of parents who actively support the Music students and staff at MLSHS.
What We Do
- We meet regularly to share ideas and information
- We help with the organisation of concerts, camps and tours
- We participate in planning for future activities for the Music Students
- We support the development of links with feeder primary schools
- We hold one major fundraiser per year, the Lawley Art Auction
- Click Here to Visit the Lawley Art Auction web site
What You Can Do
If you are a parent interested in supporting music students at MLSHS, come along to our meetings and hear what is happening during the school year - camps, concerts, tours, plus more. We encourage you to support your child and music staff.
It is important that you know that:
- We are an informal, low-key committee
- We welcome positive input from all
- We keep our meetings short! (and meet no more than twice a term, if that.)
- We are informed and involved with Music at MLSHS
What are the Benefits?
- Music students benefit directly from all fundraising events
- "Music Extras" to improve the music learning environment
- Meet other parents
- Get to know and speak to staff
Meetings - To Inform, Seek Input, Give Approvals
Refer to the Meeting Dates on the Home Page
Subscribe to the Music Mailing List to be kept informed of actual meeting dates, times and locations (and lots of other information).
2023 Committee Members
|P&C President||An Ex-Officio Member of all P&C Sub-Committees. Include in all committee communications|
|Teacher's Representative||Michelle DeRozario|
|Committee||Bernadette Bradley, Preety Ramdayal, Grant Ferstat, Andrew Lippiatt, Rebecca Thomson, Shelley Tudor, Melinda Boss, Tien Bee Luk, Rebekah Ledingham, Daniela Andrei, Tim Jewell, Catherine Tabi, Sandra Gyles, Dijon Summers.|
The Convenor runs the meetings and sets the agenda. Sends out updates and reminders. Liaises with the head of department regarding any school matters. Presents reports to P&C general meetings.
Click here to email the Convenor...
The Secretary is responsible for the attendance list, taking minutes and publishing them. Minutes are sent to the Convenor for vetting and emailing. Writes any necessary letters.
Best to like numbers! The Treasurer prepares report for meetings and P&C general meetings. Writes cheques for payments and reimbursements. Basically keeps the committee accountable for all financial dealings.
Help out when needed. Attend meetings to be kept informed and contribute ideas.
MINUTES OF MEETINGS
A note on the minutes...
The following minutes are in pdf format. The free Adobe Acrobat Reader can be obtained from www.adobe.com.