SVAPA (Special Visual And Performing Arts) SUPPORT COMMITTEE
What We Do
The MLSHS SVAPA Support Committee is made up of parents who actively support the SVAPA students and staff at MLSHS.
- We meet and discuss what is happening in SVAPA
- Meetings are short and friendly
- Participate in making decisions for future learning experiences
- Support the staff
- Maximise and use parental expertise
- Encourage social contact between parents
- Provide suppers for performance nights
- Prepare food for students and staff at workshops
- Raise funds to support the programme, tours, camps, artist visits, workshops, theatre trips, purchase new equipment.
What are the Benefits?
- You can actively participate in your child's education
- Arts students benefit directly from all fundraising events
- Help to purchase new equipment and pay for enriching arts experiences for the SVAPA students across all 4 Arts areas.
- Meet other parents
- Get to know and speak to staff
We have two major fund raisers a year.
- March: A Quiz Night or Wine Tasting Evening. This is a fantastic social evening and a chance to meet staff and other parents. We approach local businesses for donations of prizes. Raffles and a huge Silent Auction are an integral part of this night. A special committee directs this.
- June: The Lawley Art Auction held in conjunction with the Music Support Committee.
- Click Here to Visit the Lawley Art Auction web site
Meetings - To Inform, Seek Input, Give Approvals
Refer to the Meeting Dates on the Home Page
Subscribe to the SVAPA Mailing List to be kept informed of actual meeting dates, times and locations (and lots of other information).
2023 Committee Members
|P&C President||An Ex-Officio Member of all P&C Sub-Committees. Include in all committee communications|
|Members||Moya Thomas, Sandra Gyles, Ana Santos, Pretty Ramdoyal, Elenor Peters, Annette Stivaletta, Paulina Hobbs, Trace Luk, Helen Pelusey, Emma Wilmot, Kieran Looby, Kate Vaserman.|
The Convenor runs the meetings and sets the agenda. Sends out updates and reminders. Liaises with the head of department regarding any school matters. Presents reports to P&C general meetings.
Click here to email the Convenor...
The Secretary is responsible for the attendance list, taking minutes and publishing them. Minutes are sent to the Convenor for vetting and emailing. Writes any necessary letters.
Best to like numbers! The Treasurer prepares report for meetings and P&C general meetings. Writes cheques for payments and reimbursements. Basically keeps the committee accountable for all financial dealings.
Help out when needed. Attend meetings to be kept informed and contribute ideas.
MINUTES OF MEETINGS (PDF Format)
A note on the minutes...
The following minutes are in pdf format. The free Adobe Acrobat Reader can be obtained from www.adobe.com.