Overview and General Information
The General Committee controls the running of the P&C and its sub-committees. It also assigns delegates to serve on various school associated committees to represent the interests of the parents.
Click here for the 2019 WACSSO Constitution (PDF Format) which we operate under.
General Mailing List
The General Committee uses a General Mailing List. We urge All parents to join the General Mailing List. Let others know about it!
Parents who want to subscribe to the General Mailing List
Please Click here to join the email list.
Meetings - To Inform, Seek Input, Give Approvals
Refer to the Meeting Dates on the Home Page
Subscribe to the General Mailing List to be kept informed of actual meeting dates, times and locations (and lots of other information).
2023 Committee Members
|Vice President||Sunny Shiudasani|
|Executive Members||Helen Goldsmith, Andrew Lippiatt|
MLSHS Ex-Officio Members
|Associate Principal||Michael Camilleri|
|P&C Rep. on School Board||Helen Goldsmith|
|Web Site Coordinator||Andrew Lippiatt|
|Emailing List Coordinator||Andrew Lippiatt|
|Delegates to Annual WACSSO Conference (2)||TBA|
Patricia Kritas, Justin Cvitan, Paul Atkins
ROLES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Convenes the meetings and sets the agenda
- Sends out updates and reminders
- Liaises with the heads of departments regarding any school matters
- Presents reports to P&C general meetings
- Is an Ex-Officio member of all P&C Committees
- In the absence of the President, the Vice-President convenes the meetings and sets the agenda
- Assists the President
- WACSSO representative
- Prepares as a potential successor to the existing President
Secretary - History is in the hands of the writer
- Responsible for the attendance list at meetings and the taking of minutes.
- Minutes are sent to the Chairperson of the meeting for vetting and distribution.
- Receives correspondence and writes any necessary letters
- Prepares Agenda for meetings to be vetted by President
- Maintains a register of P&C Members (Names and Addresses)
- Maintains a register of P&C Office Bearers (Names and Addresses)
- Submit to WACSSO and the School Principal the P&C Office Bearers (General Committee only) by Apr 30
Treasurer - Best to like numbers!
- Prepares report for P&C general meetings
- Preparation / Review / Authorisation of payments
- Keeps the committee (and sub-committees) accountable for all financial dealings
- Present audited accounts to the AGM. Also the Principal and WACSSO by Apr 30.
The auditor is responsible for auditing the accounts. They are appointed by a meeting of the General Committee. The auditor needs to possess bookkeeping or accounting skills. It is not necessary to be a qualified auditor.
The Website Coordinator is responsible for maintaining this P&C website.
A key part of this role is maintaining the minutes of all the committees. Under our constituation, minutes are to be kept indefinitely. There is no store of hard copies of minutes (or correspondence unless it is enclosed in the minutes) so this website becomes the permanent record of the minutes.
The Website Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining the registration of the domain. The cost of that is a minor reimburseable expense but still needs to be approved by the P&C in advance.
The other aspect of the website is to provide helpful information to parents (hence the FAQs, News, Links, Contacts, documents and other information).
Mailing List Coordinator
The Mailing List Coordinator is responsible the regular and timely compilation and distribution of emails to the parents/guardians.
Perhaps the biggest part of this job is liaising with many people to get information, vet it for correctness and distribute it.
At the beginning of each year, they will correspond with the school's Vice-Principal to obtain the email addresses of the parents who indicated they wish to receive P&C email. There is a field for this on the student enrolment form.
Naturally, they need to comply with spamming laws (e.g., provide an unsubscribing mechanism).
This role has historically been done by the Website Coordinator but it can easily be separated into two separate roles.
- Attend meetings to be kept informed and contribute ideas.
- Provide help when needed.
MINUTES OF MEETINGS
The following minutes are in pdf format.
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader can be obtained from www.adobe.com.