Overview and General Information
The General Committee controls the running of the P&C and its sub-committees. It also assigns delegates to serve on various school associated committees to represent the interests of the parents.
Click here for the 2019 WACSSO Constitution (PDF Format) which we operate under.
General Mailing List
The General Committee uses a General Mailing List. We urge All parents to join the General Mailing List. Let others know about it!
Parents who want to subscribe to the General Mailing List
please Click here to send an email to email@example.com
Meetings - To Inform, Seek Input, Give Approvals
Refer to the Meeting Dates on the Home Page
Subscribe to the General Mailing List to be kept informed of actual meeting dates, times and locations (and lots of other information).
2021 Committee Members
|Vice President||Patricia Kritas|
|Executive Members||Mei-Ling Day, Helen Goldsmith, and Kate Field|
MLSHS Ex-Officio Members
|Associate Principal||Michael Camilleri|
|P&C Rep. on School Board||Randal Wells|
|Web Site Coordinator||John Pryor|
|Emailing List Coordinator||John Pryor|
|Delegates to Annual WACSSO Conference (2)||1. Justin Cvitan
2. Randal Wells
|Bank Signatories||Justin Cvitas
ROLES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Convenes the meetings and sets the agenda
- Sends out updates and reminders
- Liaises with the heads of departments regarding any school matters
- Presents reports to P&C general meetings
- Is an Ex-Officio member of all P&C Committees
- In the absence of the President, the Vice-President convenes the meetings and sets the agenda
- Assists the President
- WACSSO representative
- Prepares as a potential successor to the existing President
Secretary - History is in the hands of the writer
- Responsible for the attendance list at meetings and the taking of minutes.
- Minutes are sent to the Chairperson of the meeting for vetting and distribution.
- Receives correspondence and writes any necessary letters
- Prepares Agenda for meetings to be vetted by President
- Maintains a register of P&C Members (Names and Addresses)
- Maintains a register of P&C Office Bearers (Names and Addresses)
- Submit to WACSSO and the School Principal the P&C Office Bearers (General Committee only) by Apr 30
Treasurer - Best to like numbers!
- Prepares report for P&C general meetings
- Preparation / Review / Authorisation of payments
- Keeps the committee (and sub-committees) accountable for all financial dealings
- Present audited accounts to the AGM. Also the Principal and WACSSO by Apr 30.
The auditor is responsible for auditing the accounts. They are appointed by a meeting of the General Committee. The auditor needs to possess bookkeeping or accounting skills. It is not necessary to be a qualified auditor.
The Website Coordinator is responsible for maintaining this P&C website.
A key part of this role is maintaining the minutes of all the committees. Under our constituation, minutes are to be kept indefinitely. There is no store of hard copies of minutes (or correspondence unless it is enclosed in the minutes) so this website becomes the permanent record of the minutes.
The Website Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining the registration of the domain. The cost of that is a minor reimburseable expense but still needs to be approved by the P&C in advance.
The other aspect of the website is to provide helpful information to parents (hence the FAQs, News, Links, Contacts, documents and other information). In 2007 when I was a new parent at Mount Lawley Senior High School, I found it hard to find information on the P&C (and the school was bad too!). So I created this web site to supplement the mailing list I took over in 2006. Over the years I have had many parents thank me for the information they have found. So that feedback has inspired me to keep doing that. (John Pryor 2021-07-18)
Mailing List Coordinator
The Mailing List Coordinator is responsible the regular and timely compilation and distribution of emails to the parents/guardians.
Perhaps the biggest part of this job is liaising with many people to get information, vet it for correctness and distribute it.
At the beginning of each year, they will correspond with the school's Vice-Principal to obtain the email addresses of the parents who indicated they wish to receive P&C email. There is a field for this on the student enrolment form.
Naturally, they need to comply with spamming laws (e.g., provide an unsubscribing mechanism).
This role has historically been done by the Website Coordinator but it can easily be separated into two separate roles.
- Attend meetings to be kept informed and contribute ideas.
- Provide help when needed.
MINUTES OF MEETINGS
The following minutes are in pdf format.
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader can be obtained from www.adobe.com.
MINUTES - 2021 - PDF Format
MINUTES - 2020 - PDF Format
- 2020-02-24 (includes AGM)
- 2020-04-06 (Executive Meeting)
- 2020-04-14 (Executive Meeting)
- 2020-05-11 (Executive Meeting)
MINUTES - 2019 - PDF Format
- 2019-02-25 (includes AGM)
- 2019-03-05 (Executive Meeting)
- 2019-11-07 (Executive Meeting)
MINUTES - 2018 - PDF Format
- 2018-02-26 (includes AGM)
MINUTES - 2017 - PDF Format
- 2017-02-27 (includes AGM)
- 2017-09-11 (Executive Meeting)
MINUTES - 2016 - PDF Format
MINUTES - 2015 - PDF Format
- Feb 23, 2015 (includes AGM)
- Mar 23, 2015
- May 25, 2015
- Jun 22, 2015
- Aug 24, 2015
- Oct 26, 2015
- Nov 23, 2015
MINUTES - 2014 - PDF Format
- 24 Feb 2014 (includes AGM)
- 31 Mar 2014
- 26 May 2014
- 30 Jun 2014
- 25 Aug 2014
- 22 Sep 2014
- 27 Oct 2014
- 24 Nov 2014
MINUTES - 2013 - PDF Format
- 25 Feb 2013 (includes AGM)
- 25 Mar 2013
- 27 May 2013
- 24 Jun 2013
- 26 Aug 2013
- 23 Sep 2013
- 28 Oct 2013
- 11 Nov 2013
MINUTES - 2012 - PDF Format
- 27 Feb 2012 (includes AGM)
- 26 Mar 2012
- 28 May 2012
- 25 Jun 2012
- 27 Aug 2012
- 24 Sep 2012
- 29 Oct 2012
- 26 Nov 2012 (includes Auditor's Report)
MINUTES - 2011 - PDF Format
- 28 Feb 2011 (includes AGM)
- 28 Mar 2011
- 23 May 2011
- 28 Jun 2011
- 22 Aug 2011
- 26 Sep 2011
- 31 Oct 2011
- 28 Nov 2011
MINUTES - 2010 - PDF Format
MINUTES - 2009 - PDF Format
- 23 Feb 2009 (includes AGM)
- 30 Mar 2009
- 25 May 2009
- 22 Jun 2009
- 27 Jul 2009
- 24 Aug 2009
- 21 Sep 2009
- 26 Oct 2009
- 23 Nov 2009
MINUTES - 2008 - PDF Format
- 25 Feb 2008 (includes AGM)
- 17 Mar 2008
- 19 May 2008
- 23 Jun 2008
- 28 Jul 2008
- 25 Aug 2008
- 22 Sep 2008
- 27 Oct 2008
- 11 Nov 2008
MINUTES - 2007 - PDF Format
- 26 Feb 2007 (includes AGM)
- 26 Mar 2007
- 28 May 2007
- 25 Jun 2007
- 30 Jul 2007
- 27 Aug 2007
- 24 Sep 2007
- 22 Oct 2007
- 26 Nov 2007