What We Do
The MLSHS GAT Support Committee is made up of parents who support the MLSHS Gifted and Talented students and staff across all academic pursuits.
We are a friendly, committed group of parents who want to support students to explore their potential and maximise their opportunities whilst in the Gifted and Talented Program. Our purpose is to identity opportunities, establish community links and provide advice, support and funding for academic pursuits for students and teachers.
Our aim is to have short, friendly meetings where we:
- Meet and discuss what is happening in the GAT Program
- Participate in making decisions for future learning experiences
- Support the staff
- Maximise and use parental expertise
- Encourage social contact between parents
- Raise funds to support the students
- Contribute as little or as much as we wish
- Complement the Languages Support Committee - See Languages Support Committee
What are the Benefits?
- You can actively participate in your child's education
- GAT students are the beneficiaries of all fundraising events
- Help pay for enriching learning experiences and purchase new resources for GAT students across all academic pursuits
- Meet other parents
- Get to know and speak to staff
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
GAT Mailing List
The GAT Support Committee uses a mailing list dedicated to parents of GAT students. We urge all parents of GAT Students to join the GAT Mailing List. Let others know about it!
Parents of GAT Students who want to subscribe to the GAT Mailing List
please Click here to send an email to email@example.com
Meetings - To Inform, Seek Input, Give Approvals
Refer to the Meeting Dates on the Home Page
Subscribe to the GAT Mailing List to be kept informed of actual meeting dates, times and locations (and lots of other information).
2018 Committee Members
|P&C President||An Ex-Officio Member of all P&C Sub-Committees. Include in all committee communications|
|Teacher's Representative||Louise Chapman|
|Members||Bradley Spurgo, Anja Hermann, Ankur Malik, Terena Semler.|
The Convenor runs the meetings and sets the agenda. Sends out updates and reminders. Liaises with the head of department regarding any school matters. Presents reports to P&C general meetings.
Click here to email the Convenor...
The Secretary is responsible for the attendance list, taking minutes and publishing them. Minutes are sent to the Convenor for vetting and emailing. Writes any necessary letters.
Best to like numbers! The Treasurer prepares report for meetings and P&C general meetings. Writes cheques for payments and reimbursements. Basically keeps the committee accountable for all financial dealings.
Help out when needed. Attend meetings to be kept informed and contribute ideas.
MINUTES OF MEETINGS (PDF Format)
A note on the minutes...
The following minutes are in pdf format. The free Adobe Acrobat Reader can be obtained from www.adobe.com.